6/1/11

Off To A *opposite of roaring* Start

So I didn't end up starting my challenge today after all. Instead, I was up all night listening to QuadJacks discuss the mess FTP finds itself in now that Ivey has sued them and most of the rest of their pros stopped wearing their patches at the WSOP and so my sleep was messed up again and i just felt too tired to play much.

I'm still not 100% sure what this all means for me right now but I think within the next month or two I'm going to start moving my action off of Tilt (if they last that long). I would just switch now but this is the worst time of the year to do that since the midyear ironman bonus comes in at the end of the month, so I'll think I'll just grind that out and then gtfo if things haven't improved dramatically.

In the meantime I'm going to try to get the majority of my money off FTP (been waiting for a moneybookers transfer to go through for 3 days now), and grind with a shorter BR....just in case this FTP cashout nonsense expands beyond just Americans (I've heard rumors it's already spread to places like Brazil and even here in Canada).

I haven't decided fully what to do about my 100K hands/challenge since I no longer feel confident that when I wake each morning FTP and, more importantly, my money will still be there waiting for me. So I think what I'll do is just grind like usual for a couple of days and see if anything develops. If I can get most of my funds into my MB account this week, I'll feel more comfortable letting this thing sort itself out while I grind but otherwise it seems silly to bust my ass all month and in the end find out I have nothing to show for it.

Either way, it seems as if Black Friday has affected all of us on an even deeper level than we had originally realized. Of course, the silver lining here is that if FTP really was doing even a fraction of the shady stuff that they've been accused of (hard to imagine an alternative at this point), then Black Friday might end up being the day that saved Internet poker as opposed to the one that crippled it.

'You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one'

No comments:

Post a Comment