5/9/11

Moving On Up

Had a good day today.

Woke up late, put in a quick half hour session and made a little more than a buyin. Then I met up with my brother in law and his aunt and had a nice round of pitch and putt at Stanley Park here in beautiful British Columbia.
I'm pretty terrible at golf still but slowly getting better. No birdies today but we did see a goose chasing a raccoon and Auntie Linda launched a ball off the course within 5 feet of a baby stroller so that was funny in a horrifying sort of way.

After I got back I decided to put in a short session cause I wasn't feeling like playing much but wanted to get my ironman points for the day since it's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I figure I'm bound to miss a few days later this month. So I needed 200ish points which only takes about 20-30 minutes 4tabling 50nl. I started off slow stealing a few blinds and taking down a couple of small 3bet pots...then, all heaven (?) broke loose.

In a span of about 45 minutes, I managed to hit: quads once, 2 overpairs that got me paid off decently, 5 top-pair/top-kickers combinations with AK (none of which got cracked) and 7 sets...2 of which turned into a full-house and one of which allowed me to stack a guy with boat over boat!

I want to say that I played all my big hands really well and extracted max value...but it feels like I'm bragging about winning a gunfight when I was the only one allowed to shoot real bullets so....

Having said that, I did reach another milestone by cracking the $2000 mark which means that I'm now rolled for 100nl!

Moving from 25nl to 100nl took exactly 14 days and just over 36K hands. Not the greatest volume by any means but it's decent and I'm running at 7.3bb/100 so I'm happy with it. I've made 60% of my profits from direct game-play and the other 40% through rakeback and bonus clearing. I also converted some points into a $26 token for the fun of it and turned it into $52ish in a matrix SNG (which is a great way to turn points into cash quickly for anybody who doesn't want to clear the larger bonuses).

So now it's on to 100nl. I may still mix in a couple of 50nl tables depending on the hours I end up playing since people seem to mostly play either 50nl or 200nl and I'm thinking that getting 4 tables running at 100nl (without delays) might be tough at times...but we'll see how it goes.

2 levels down, 1 to go!

RRRRROOOOOAAAAAAARRRRR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment